ESSETI (NZ) LIMITED WARRANTY RETURNS POLICY
We understand that sometimes you may need to return a product that you have purchased from our Esseti NZ Ltd.
Authorised Distributor Network. To assist you, we have set out below the Esseti NZ Ltd Warranty Returns Policy that you should know about. These terms and conditions supersede and exclude all former and other representations and arrangements relating to any warranties on these products, irrespective of whether expressed or implied.
These terms and conditions supersede and exclude all former and other representations and arrangements relating to any warranties on these products.
ESSETI New Zealand Limited (‘us’, ‘we’) warrants that the products bearing the brand names ESSETI, XCEL-ARC, RAZORWELD, RAZORCUT, JASIC, VIPER, T&R, XCEL-GAS, Otos, Servore, TECNA & HIT-8SS supplied by us and purchased by you from an Authorised ESSETI (NZ) Ltd. Distributor are free of Material and Faulty Workmanship Defects except for those products listed under ‘Warranty Exclusions’ and whilst any claim is made subject to the following terms and conditions.
Your rights under the New Zealand Consumer Law may not be limited by a defined time. However, New Zealand Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Esseti NZ Ltd. adopts the same approach. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
We offer the following ‘Warranty Periods’ from ‘date of purchase’:
An Extended Warranty Period of 6 months total shall apply only to Machinery where offered and warranty is registered online.
We offer the following ‘Warranty Periods’ effective from the ‘date of purchase’:
- XCEL-ARC, Inverter MIG/SWF/MTS, MMA/TIG, TIG ACDC, Plasma (Power Source Only*) 2 Years
- RAZORWELD, Inverter MIG/SWF/MTS, MMA/TIG, TIG ACDC (Power Source Only*) 3 Years
- RAZORCUT, Inverter Plasma (Power Source Only*) 3 Years
- VIPER MIG185, Viper TIG180ACDC (Power Source Only*) 2 Years
- VIPER ARC140, VIPER ARC160, VIPER CUT30, (Power Source Only*) 1 Year
- VIPER TIG200P, VIPER SYNERGIC MIG 120 (Power Source Only*) 1 Year
- JASIC, Inverter MIG/SWF/MTS, MMA/TIG, TIG ACDC, Plasma (Power Source Only*) 2 Years
- XCEL-ARC & RAZORWELD, Water Coolers, PAPR Air Blower Unit 1 Year
- XCEL-GAS, Gas Cutting and Welding Torches 3 Months
- XCEL-GAS, Straight Line & Gas Cutting Machines (Machine Only*) 1 Year
- XCEL-GAS, Regulators Argon/ Acetylene / Oxygen / LPG / Bobbin Flowmeter 1 Year
- XCEL-ARC, Automatic Welding Helmet 2 Years
- RAZORSHIELD Digital Welding Mask & Goggle Kit , Automatic Welding Helmets 2 Year
- TECNA, Spot Welding Machines (Power Source Only*) 1 Year
- ALL WELDING TORCHES – GMAW / GTAW / MMAW / PLASMA 3 Months
- ALL EARTH LEADS, INTERCONNECTING CABLES, GAS HOSES 3 Months
(*) This only covers manufacturing faults on any torches, cables and other accessories, either included with a machine kitset or sold separately, for the first three months after date of purchase.
WARRANTY / RETURNS / EXCHANGES
Our Warranty Returns Policy recognises all and any rights you have under New Zealand Consumer Law and other relevant laws.
You shall inspect the goods on delivery and shall within seven (7) days of delivery (time being of the essence) notify the Esseti NZ Ltd. Authorised Distributor from whom you purchased the goods of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote.
You shall also afford Esseti NZ Ltd. the opportunity to inspect the goods within a reasonable time following delivery if you believe the goods are defective in any way.
If you shall fail to comply with these provisions the goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage.
For defective goods and where permissible by law, Esseti NZ Ltd. reserves the right to repair or otherwise remedy the defect prior to issuing replacement goods or refunding the purchase price.
If the goods are being purchased for a business purpose then the purchaser acknowledges that the Consumer Guarantees Act will not apply.
The New Zealand Sales of Goods Act applies when goods are not covered by the Consumer Guarantees Act. You may be able to get a full refund or compensation if the trader doesn’t have the right to sell the goods, or the goods are:
- not of ‘merchantable quality’ (so defective that most people wouldn’t want them)
- not fit for their normal purpose
- poorer quality than a sample you were shown
- not suitable for what you told the trader you wanted the goods for
- not matching their description
If there has been a misrepresentation you may have rights under the Fair Trading Act or the Contractual Remedies Act and therefore also entitled to, at the consumer’s discretion, either a refund of the purchase price of the goods, or repair of the goods, or replacement of the goods.
Returns will only be accepted provided that:
(a) You have complied with the provisions outlined above, and
(b) where the goods are unable to be repaired, the goods are returned at your cost within thirty (30) days of the delivery date, and
(c) Esseti NZ Ltd. will not be liable for goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner, and
(d) the goods are returned in the condition in which they were delivered and with all packaging material, brochures and instructional material in as new condition as is reasonably possible in the circumstances.
Esseti NZ Ltd. Accepts no responsibility for any products lost, damaged or mislaid whilst in transit. Esseti NZ Ltd. may (at their sole discretion) accept the return of goods for credit but this may incur a handling fee of up to fifteen percent (15%) of the value of the returned Goods plus any freight costs.
MAKING A CLAIM
If you wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you should:
• Return the product to the point of purchase either in person or via prepaid courier; or
• Contact us by Telephone – Esseti NZ Ltd – 06 355 1103
When returned, the product must be accompanied with the original Receipt or Tax Invoice clearly showing the purchase date and disclosing the purchase price. All costs of installation, cartage, freight, travelling expenses, hiring tools and insurance are paid by the Customer. To the extent permitted by law, our total liability for loss or damage of every kind related to the goods in any way whatsoever is limited to the amount paid to the retailer by you for the goods or the value of the goods. No
responsibility will be taken for any products lost, damaged or mislaid whilst in transit.
This Warranty covers Material and Faulty Workmanship defects only. This Warranty does not cover damage caused by:
• Normal wear and tear due to usage
• Misuse or abusive use of the machine and/or failure to correctly follow set up or operating instructions supplied with these products
• Failure to clean or improper cleaning of the product
• Failure to maintain the equipment such as regular services, etc.
• Incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections
• Improper installation
• Use of non-authorised/non-standard parts
• Abnormal product performance caused by any ancillary equipment interference or other external factors
• Failure or any breakage caused by overload, dropping or abusive treatment or use by the customer
• Repair, modifications or other work carried out on the product other than by an Esseti-Authorised Service Agent
Unless it is a manufacturing fault, this Warranty does not cover the following parts:
• All Batteries, including Button Type and Cell Type Batteries
• MIG Welding Torch Consumables, such as:
Gas Nozzles, Gas Diffusers, Contact Tip Holders, Contact Tips, Swan Necks, Triggers, Handles, Liners, Euro Block, Shroud Springs, Knobs,
All XCEL-ARC / Magmaweld Mig Welding Wires & Electrodes, Arc Leads, Welding Cable, Electrode Holder, Earth Clamps
• MMA & TIG Welding Torch Consumables, such as:
Tungsten Electrodes, Collet, Collet Body, Alumina Nozzle, Torch Head, Torch Head water Cooled, Torch Head Flexible, Back Caps, Gas Lens, Torch Handle, Cup Gasket, Torch Body Gas Valve, O-ring, All XCEL-ARC TIG Welding Rods, All XCEL-ARC / Magmaweld Electrodes, Arc Leads, Welding Cable, Electrode Holder, Earth Clamps
• PLASMA Cutting Torches Consumables, such as:
All Cutting Tips, All Diffuser/Swirl Ring, All Electrodes, Retaining Caps, Nozzle Springs, All Spacers, All Shield Caps, All Air and Power Cables, All Switches, All O-rings, All Springs, All Circle Guides and Cutting Kits, Torch Bodies, Air Filter Regulator, Welding Cable, Earth Clamps
• Gas Welding & Cutting Torch and Straight Line Cutting Machine Consumables and Fittings, such as:
All Cutting, Welding & Brazing Tips, Adaptors, Hoses, Fittings, Tracks and associated parts
• Automatic Welding & Cutting Carriage Machine Parts, such as:
Input Cord, Inter-connecting Power Cord, Triggering Cable
This Warranty does not cover products purchased:
• Without the provision of a suitable Receipt or Tax Invoice that clearly provides proof of purchase as outlined above
• At an auction or from a private seller
• Unless it is a manufacturing fault, this Warranty does not apply to any products sold to Hire Companies.
These conditions may only be varied with the written approval of the Directors of Esseti NZ Limited.
REMEMBER TO RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL INVOICE FOR PROOF OF PURCHASE.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to be among the first to receive exciting new product information, special offers, guides & more!